Sunday, November 28, 2010

Entitled???

So, my youngest, who is 15 told me he thinks I should park my car outside the garage and let Nick, my other son, park in. Because, he explained, they leave for school at 7 in the morning and I don't have to leave until 11.  I told him it didn't matter. Even if I never drove my car.  I earned my place in the garage. I paid my dues and worked long and hard to be in my position. As he walked away I followed him and continued my lecture. I tried to think back when I was living in my parents house to remember if I had felt that way. The answer was no. I never thought My mom should let me park in the garage. And, she never worked outside of our home. I wonder if it's just my kids who think they are entitled or if it is this whole generation? If I had a "parent rule book" I would look that question up!

No comments:

Post a Comment